Our Funding Partners
The QFHSA’s Saturday Family Workshops Are Back!
The QFHSA is very pleased to once again offer free Saturday morning family workshops—what better way to chase the winter blues away! These fun and educational events are also a great way to kick off your weekend! The workshops are aimed for elementary-level students and an accompanying adult, but we encourage you to get the entire family involved in the fun.
You can choose as many workshops as you like. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming on Saturday, March 9: Brain Food!
Kitchen fun with Épiculiste
11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Zoom
We are thrilled to welcome back Chef Jeannette Barrow of Épiculiste for another cooking workshop. This time around, we’ll be cooking foods that are amazing for our brains.
Coming on Saturday, March 16: Bird Adaptations
Explore birds with Le Nichoir
10 to 11 a.m. on Zoom
We are equally thrilled to welcome back Élise Laferrière, B.Sc., from Le Nichoir. This year, we will learn all about the adaptations birds have made that keep them healthy and happy in their environment.
Sign up today! Space is limited.
The Winter Issue of the QFHSA News Is Here!
Winter most definitely has arrived — and so too has the Winter issue of the QFHSA News!
In this issue:
- Gain insights about generative AI, tackling homework, and supporting your child’s mental well-being from the QFHSA’s Fall Conference for Parents.
- Find out how the latest changes in Quebec laws are affecting the province’s English institutions of higher learning.
- Read about our lively discussions at the Bring Your Questions Night.
- Explore the wonders of winter through the eyes of our children.
- Enjoy great dispatches from our local Home and School Associations. They have been busy!
And much more!
Save the Date!
On the afternoon of Saturday, May 25th, the QFHSA will be having a celebration to recognize the many exceptional educators and volunteers who make our schools the thriving communities they are.
Be sure to invite your local Home and School Association’s award winners and volunteers to this afternoon of celebration and fun.
More details (including ticket information) coming soon!
Planning a Special Event?
Don’t forget to Apply for QFHSA Insurance
Follow these steps:
1. Use the QFHSA insurance form, which is available here.
2. Make sure all the information is accurate. Any changes to dates, times, etc., will require a new insurance form.
3. Keep in mind that the QFHSA’s insurance will not cover inflatables (bouncy castles, etc.).
4. Submit your completed form to the QFHSA via email to email@example.com.
Remember: The insurance form must be submitted to our insurance provider for approval. That’s why it’s important to allow 10 business days for the processing of your request.
The QFHSA’s Resolutions for 2023
Each year, the QFHSA’s committees follow the latest developments in Quebec education and provincial and federal politics—developments that will affect our parents and our community. The committees then develop resolutions to address the issues of the day.
This year’s resolutions were presented at the QFHSA’s 79th Annual General Meeting on Thursday, June 1. Find out what the QFHSA and its member associations are concerned about by reading this year’s eight resolutions.