Our Funding Partners
It’s Definitely Time to Celebrate!
The QFHSA is extremely happy to announce the return of its In-Person Awards Banquet! Don’t miss this great opportunity to meet and connect with other local Home and School Associations in the company of the QFHSA Board of Directors, staff, guests, and stakeholders in Quebec education.
The event is a wonderful way for local Home and School Associations to celebrate their exceptional volunteers. Invite your Golden Torch winners and Unsung Heroes out to dinner to thank them for the incredible work they do to support and strengthen your school community. At the awards ceremony, local Home and School heroes will be fêted alongside other QFHSA award winners. Tickets for the event are $60 per person. Your response is requested by April 30th.
The QFHSA’s Proposed Resolutions for 2023
Each year, the QFHSA’s committees follow the latest developments in Quebec education and provincial and federal politics—developments that will affect our parents and our community. The committees then develop resolutions to address the issues of the day. This year’s proposed resolutions will be presented at the QFHSA’s 79th Annual General Meeting on Thursday, June 1.
Join us for the QFHSA’s 79th Annual General Meeting
Once a year, the QFHSA gathers for an Annual General Meeting, an essential activity in the democratic life of our federation. At this year’s meeting, the following will be discussed and voted on:
- The Auditor’s Financial Review
- The Proposed Budget for 2024
- The Proposed Resolutions for 2023
- The Proposed Slate of Directors for the 2023/24 QFHSA Board of Directors
- The QFHSA’s Book of Reports 2022-23, which chronicles the activities of the federation’s committees and staff
All are welcome. Please email email@example.com to register for the event.
Special Message for Local Home and School Associations:
As a member of the federation, each local Home and School Association is mandated to participate in the federation’s annual general meeting. This is one of the commitments local associations make when they renew their QFHSA memberships each year. Please appoint a delegate to attend the meeting without delay. Remember that the delegate you appoint does not have to be a member of your executive. Follow these steps to confirm your Home and School’s participation at the QFHSA Annual General Meeting:
1. Complete the Voting Delegate and Discretionary Voting Powers Forms
2. Register Your Delegate for the Event
Planning a year-end celebration?
Don’t forget to apply for QFHSA insurance
Follow these steps to apply for insurance:
1. Use the QFHSA insurance form, which is available here.
2. Make sure all the information is accurate. Any changes to dates, times, etc., will require a new insurance form.
3. Keep in mind that the QFHSA’s insurance will not cover bouncy castles/games.
4. Submit your completed form to the QFHSA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember: The insurance form must be submitted to our insurance provider for approval. That’s why it’s important to allow 10 business days for the processing of your request.
The Spring Issue of the QFHSA News Has Arrived!
Spring is here! Though the unexpected Ice Storm of ’23 had us all running for cover, happier (and warmer) days are here. It’s time to embrace the possibilities!
In this issue, read about:
- The 2023 Awards and the return of the QFHSA’s In-Person Awards Banquet on Friday, May 26th
- The QFHSA’s efforts to support the post-pandemic recovery of local Home and School Associations
- The 79th QFHSA Annual General Meeting and the resolutions being prepared for the event
- The QFHSA’s Winter Family Workshops: A look back at the great fun we had
- The latest news from local Home & School Associations: Festive Days, Star Wars-themed Teacher/Staff Appreciation Weeks, Comedy Nights…
- And much more!