Pat Lewis Environmental Award
In 2014, Patricia Lewis’s daughters, Ruth and Sharon, created the Pat Lewis Environmental Award in memory of their mother. It is meant to honour elementary or high school level students for their outstanding efforts towards an environmental cause.
The program nominated has existed for two (2) years or more.
- No qualifications. Any projects or community involvement exemplifying contributions to an environmental or humanitarian cause are accepted.
- Choose a Home and School Executive Member to receive all the nominations in writing.
- Set a deadline for your nominations.
- All nominations should be considered and winners decided by the Executive of the Home and School.
- More than one individual may be chosen if you wish.
- Complete the nomination form.
Winners have been:
2022 Children’s World Academy Community (CWA’s Green Committee and Green Team)
2018 Willingdon Elementary School – Whole School Environmental Policy Integration and Implementation
2016 Chelsea Elementary – Chelsea Enyandeni – School Twinning Project
2015 Dorset Elementary – Environmental Club
2014 Gardenview Elementary School (Valerie Honig-Nandra, teacher) – Earth Club