In 2006, Patricia Lewis’s daughters, Ruth and Sharon, created the Pat Lewis Humanitarian Award in memory of their mother. It is meant to honour efforts by elementary or high school level student(s) for their outstanding efforts towards a humanitarian cause.
- The program nominated has existed for two (2) years or more.
- No qualifications. Any projects or community involvement exemplifying contributions to an environmental or humanitarian cause are accepted.
- Choose a Home and School Executive Member to receive all the nominations in writing.
- Set a deadline for your nominations.
- All nominations should be considered and winners decided by the Executive of the Home and School.
- More than one individual may be chosen if you wish.
- Complete the nomination form.
Pat Lewis Humanitarian Award Winners over the Years
In 2014, this award was expanded to include projects submitted by high school students and to also encourage the efforts of students toward an environmental cause.