In 2006, Patricia Lewis’ daughters, Ruth and Sharon, created the Pat Lewis Humanitarian Award in memory of their mother. It is meant to honour efforts by elementary level student(s) for their outstanding efforts towards a humanitarian cause.
- No qualifications. Any projects or community involvement exemplifying contributions to an environmental or humanitarian cause are accepted.
- Choose a Home and School Executive Member to receive all the nominations in writing.
- Set a deadline for your nominations.
- All nominations should be considered and winners decided by the Executive of the Home and School.
- More than one individual may be chosen if you wish.
- Write a nomination letter detailing how they have contributed to a environmental or humanitarian cause.
- Mail in nomination letter + form + cheque in to QFHSA.
You can email in digital projects separately if needed.
Pat Lewis Humanitarian Award Winners over the Years
In 2014, this award was expanded to include projects submitted by high school students and to also encourage the efforts of students toward an environmental cause.