Our Funding Partners
Thank you to everyone who helped to make this year’s QFHSA Fall Conference a wonderful success!
Thank you to Dr. Michael Canuel, CEO of LEARN, for kicking off the event with an interesting and thought-provoking presentation.
Thank you to our excellent workshop presenters, Caroline Chang, M.Ed., Dianea Phillips, B.Ed., and Zmira King, Ph.D., who taught parents how to survive homework time and provided valuable tips on supporting our children’s mental health.
Thank you to the amazing volunteers at Merton Elementary’s Home and School Association for being such incredible hosts.
Thank you to the vendors/organizations who joined us.
Thank you to the QFHSA’s board of directors and staff for all of their hard work leading up to and during the event.
And a very big thank you to all the parents in attendance. Your participation was very much appreciated!
Read our Latest Press Release
The Fall Issue of the QFHSA News Is Here!
We’re 6 weeks in to the 2023/24 school year and
there is already so much news to share!
In this issue, read all about:
- The QFHSA’s half-day Fall Conference for Parents—Be sure to join us on Saturday, November 4th for our in-person event!
- Bill 40: An important court decision this summer, but the battle to preserve our English school boards is far from over…
- The golden wisdom of our Golden Torch volunteers—Find out what keeps our members volunteering year after year plus read great tips on everything from recruiting new members to keeping organized.
- The incredible amount of activity within our local Home and School Associations—Wonderful welcome back events and bright ideas for fundraisers, more events, and fun!
- Plus see a photo collage of Orange Shirt Day at our schools and much more!
Planning a Special Event?
Don’t forget to Apply for QFHSA Insurance
Follow these steps:
1. Use the QFHSA insurance form, which is available here.
2. Make sure all the information is accurate. Any changes to dates, times, etc., will require a new insurance form.
3. Keep in mind that the QFHSA’s insurance will not cover inflatables (bouncy castles, etc.).
4. Submit your completed form to the QFHSA via email to email@example.com.
Remember: The insurance form must be submitted to our insurance provider for approval. That’s why it’s important to allow 10 business days for the processing of your request.
The QFHSA’s Resolutions for 2023
Each year, the QFHSA’s committees follow the latest developments in Quebec education and provincial and federal politics—developments that will affect our parents and our community. The committees then develop resolutions to address the issues of the day.
This year’s resolutions were presented at the QFHSA’s 79th Annual General Meeting on Thursday, June 1. Find out what the QFHSA and its member associations are concerned about by reading this year’s eight resolutions.